Benefits Using An Elliptical Trainer
Elliptical machines are one of the most popular pieces of exercise equipment in both home gyms and health clubs nationwide. They’re a great low impact workout, they workout both the upper and lower body, they’re low maintenance, they follow the natural pattern of the leg and foot motion, and they burn more calories in less time. If you’re considering purchasing an elliptical machine or some home gym packages that includes one, choosing the right model to fit your needs is essential.
Choosing The Right Elliptical Machine
There are several points to consider when deciding on the right elliptical machine for you. Top-rated elliptical machines often have heavier flywheels, several different resistance levels, adjustable incline levels, adjustable stride length, adjustable handlebars, and consoles that include a variety of workout programs. Other factors to consider are how much space you have and does the size of the machine fit well with the size of your body.
Quality Is Not Always Determined By Price
Price doesn’t have to determine whether you get a good elliptical machine or not. Some of the higher-end models can cost around $2,000 or more, but you can still get a good quality, durable machine purchased individually or as part of a home gym package for $1,000 or less. Below is a list of highly-rated elliptical machines available to buy for both home gym and commercial use.
High-Rated Elliptical Machines
- Octane LateralX LX8000 – Lateral Elliptical – This award-winning elliptical machine features adjustable lateral movement and vertical stepping for moving both front and back, as well as left to right. It also includes 30 resistance levels, 13 different workout programs, it’s self-powered, it has an adjustable 3-D motion, and a well-sized LED display console with messaging center.
- Octane Pro 4700 Elliptical – Designed for both commercial use or home gym use, this elliptical machine has adjustable stride lengths to mimic walking, jogging, and running, 30 different resistance levels, and a touch screen console with a variety of features.
- Precor 835 AMT Adaptive Motion Trainer with Open Stride – This elliptical trainer has more of an innovative design with biomechanics validated by Western Washington University Biomechanics Lab so it’s suitable for men and women of all fitness levels and sizes. It also offers both upper and lower body workouts, a unique open stride feature, and adaptive stride length.
- Life Fitness Discover SE3 Elliptical – Features in this elliptical machine include a heart rate monitoring system, several different workout programs, 20” stride length, and an integrated LCD touch-screen console with internet connectivity and a variety of entertainment options.
- Life Fitness Integrity CLSX Elliptical – Priced on the lower end of the market, this Elliptical Crosstrainer doesn’t sacrifice on quality. It’s self-powered relying solely on human movement, it has over-sized pedals, a heart rate monitoring system, 18” stride length, and several different workout programs designed for a variety of different workout needs.
Comment below to let us know what you think about our top-rated elliptical machines!