The Stairmaster Gauntlet has become one of the most popular machines for lower body exercise. It has proven very capable of providing very challenging workouts, thanks to its vast range of features. Aside from being a capable machine, it’s also fun to use.
Of course, there’s always the classic argument: why invest thousands of dollars on a machine such as the Stairmaster Gauntlet when one can just simply walk up a flight of stairs, repeatedly if needed, to achieve the effect it gives on the glutes and legs.
This is why it’s important to understand what the Stairmaster Gauntlet can do in order to prove that it’s much better than going up and down the stairs!
Why is the Stairmaster Gauntlet an Excellent Workout Option?
- 1 Why is the Stairmaster Gauntlet an Excellent Workout Option?
The Stairmaster Gauntlet delivers the perfect combination of strength training, cardio, and calorie burning qualities in one seamless and efficient workout. It mimics the action of ascending the stairs without having to descend it. The machine can strengthen, sculpt, and tone your entire lower body by its movement, which is upward and backward direction.
Also, the Stairmaster has been proven to be able to work the core muscles, which is definitely a terrific bonus. It targets muscle groups that can be hard to sculpt, such as the glutes, hamstrings, quads, and calves.
Are there any downsides? Because it’s a machine of considerable size, it needs a fair amount of space in your home. The price can also become a downside, depending on who wants to buy it.
But these supposed drawbacks are neutralized by its vast range of features, which makes it a machine designed to take care of all your fitness needs for quite a long time, given its make and quality.
Who Can Use the Stairmaster Gauntlet?
The beauty of the Stairmaster Gauntlet is that anyone can use it. It’s adjustable speed and resistance makes it fair game for both newbies and advanced levels, who can easily tweak it to suit their comfort and fitness level.
Even if you are not entirely a newbie to exercise but you haven’t worked out in a while, you can still easily use the Stairmaster Gauntlet. You only need to start at the right pace, say just 26 steps a minute, and then just increase the speed as your fitness level goes up.
But if you’re already hardcore, go ahead and set this to 162 steps a minute and get the total workout that you need!
How Does It Compare to Going to the Gym or Jogging?
Not all have the time and energy to go to the gym, especially if you have a demanding career and a growing family. Same goes with jogging – not everyone has the time and disposition to go out and run outdoors.
In this situation, you may think of investing on equipment that you can use at home and work out during your free time. The Stairmaster Gauntlet is a machine that can give you maximum results in minimal time.
Why Can’t We Use the Stairs Instead?
There’s no argument against how good climbing up the stairs is as exercise. This involves lifting your entire body in order to get to the next step. Repeat this many times (depends on how many steps there are on the stairs and how many times you will go up and down it) and you will definitely burn intense calories. This is a great workout for your core, butt, thighs, and calf muscles.
But here’s the thing: when climbing a real set of stairs, of course you need to come back down in order to climb up again. Going down the stairs can be stressful on the knee joints because you are going against the force of gravity.
This means you increase your risk for injury, especially if you plan to go up and down the stairs for twenty minutes or more.
Now with the Stairmaster Gauntlet, you don’t have to go down the stairs, so to speak, and just focus on climbing up on the duration of your workout.
Best of all, it’s low-impact features ensure that your joints will be treated with care. At higher resistance levels, you will get the equivalent of running up the stairs, not just walking up, even though technically you’re not really running.
What Features Makes the Stairmaster Gauntlet a Hit Among Fitness Enthusiasts?
Here’s the nitty gritty on what makes the Stairmaster Gauntlet totally worth the price of your purchase.
- It’s user-friendly. The functions are very straightforward – just select your desired program, then choose the speed and intensity level, and you’re ready to roll. You only need to press some buttons or touch the screen in order to get going.
- Designed for performance. The machine is made of rust-free and highly durable polypropylene construction that gives it the clean and professional appearance of an industrial machine. The handrails are ergonomically designed and the monitor is optimally positioned, which allows you to maintain a good posture while checking out your stats.
- Comfortable step action. It has a revolving staircase function, with eight steps that are 8″ high, 9″ deep and 22″ wide. The dimensions are the same as a regular set of stairs, which makes stepping on it a comfortable and familiar experience.
- Various step rate and resistance options. Rotation for the steps can be programmed between 26 and 162 times per minute, which allows the machine to cater to all fitness levels. Resistance has 9 levels, ranging from easy to intense. Do you want to increase the challenge of your workout? Just ascend two steps at a time.
These are only some of the reasons why the Stairmaster Gauntlet deserves a space in your home. if you’re already decided to get one or you need to know more about the machine before you buy, Primo Fitness can help you.
We are the industry’s leading provider of new and used gym equipment for sale. Call Primo Fitness today to get the fitness equipment you need.