Once you’ve bought some great fitness equipment (hopefully from us), you’re probably going to want to keep it in great shape. In order to keep your gym machines in top form, you’ll need to do regular maintenance. Not only will regular maintenance keep your equipment looking great and functioning properly, it will also keep your resell value high in case you ever want to upgrade (or sell your equipment to us, we do that too).
Here are some tips on how to maintain your gym equipment:
- Wipe down the upholstery and anywhere a regular user would touch the machine. Try your best to use a disinfectant that is unscented and free of harsh chemicals. Some of your clients may have sensitivities and allergies so it is best to steer clear from alcohol and ammonia.
- Every machine should be wiped down daily before closing your gym/facility (seats, backrests, handles, etc.)
- Go through your machines and check for any physical damage including cracks in the shroud, fraying of cables, loose parts, etc. If you find any of these issues, you should repair them immediately for the safety of your clients. If you do not have the parts on hand, take the machine out of commission to avoid injuries and further damage.
- Lubricate belts if they are squeaking
- Test the pins on your selectorized weight machines. Place the pins in each weight section and make sure that they move up and down smoothly. If not, find the problem and fix it.
- Check the upholstery on your strength machines and make sure that there are no rips and cracks. If there are, fix the problem immediately to prevent further damage.
- Test cardio units to make sure that there are no major problems such as excessive noise or any loose moving parts
- Test the functions of your cardio machines to make sure that all electronic features are functional
- Lubricate and grease any machines that require it
- Inspect bearings and bushings to make sure that they are all working properly
Going through this checklist should aid you in keeping your gym equipment in top shape. A well maintained gym will not only attract new clients but also retain old ones. Although it may be a little work, it is well worth the effort.