The flagship product of the Schwinn IC lineup, the Schwinn AC Performance Indoor Cycle trainer delivers the real-life cycling feel of an outdoor bike but in a controlled, hard-pedaling indoor environment. The A.C. Performance is equipped with Virtual Contact resistance technology, an innovative system that employs magnets and an aluminum disk to generate resistance. This not only creates a tough, high-energy workout, but it also keeps the brake system from wearing out, helping the trainer hold up to long-term use. Furthermore, the chain-drive system and extra-large flywheel make it possible to adjust the resistance levels in continuous increments, making the pedaling feel smooth and authentic, just like riding on an undulating hill. And riders will love the dual-density saddle, which is fixed in some areas and flexible in others. This creates the ideal combination of comfort and stability, especially in conjunction with the horizontal and vertical seat adjustment.
The A.C. Performance also includes the usual combination of high-quality components and convenience features, including three-position adjustable handlebars with dual oversized water bottle holders, SPD toe-clip pedals, and integrated rollers for easy transport. Other details include a tough aluminum frame; a Smart Release safety system that slows the flywheel when you stop pedaling abruptly; and a 300-pound capacity.
- Frame finish: Aluminum
- Frame color: Pearl white
- Seat slider, handlebars, and hardware: Aluminum
- Drive system: Chain drive, with forged steel crank and ISIS oversized bottom bracket
- Smart Release system: Yes
- MPower console compatible: Yes
- Compatible height range: 4 feet 11 inches to 6 feet 8 inches
- Weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Dimensions: 20 by 48 by 43 inches (W x H x D)
- Weight: 106 pounds
- Dual Water Bottle Holders: You can spend longer sessions on the AC Performance Plus by keeping two water bottles within easy reach and staying hydrated.